Think French Riviera and think glamour, luxury yachts, and walking the red carpet. We’re here to show you another side of the sunny South of France, where you can escape the crowds and find the “real” magic of this iconic region. Behind the coast, the olive covered landscape rises above and offers authentic, perched villages and elevated views of the sea and surrounding hillsides. This is where artists such as Matisse, Chagall, and Picasso came to paint for the light and nature. Julia Child had a home here and picked “herbes de Provence” in her garden. We’ll enjoy unique local experiences and meet resident artisans. Grasse, with its perfume industry offers opportunities to make your own perfume, understand the history of this French speciality and stroll a perfumer’s garden with the owner. Depending on the time of year, will enjoy fragrant fields of violets, roses, jasmine or lavender. We’ll visit a private villa, discover an olive oil mill, take in art galleries and a glass blowers workshop, and accompany a chef to a farmers market where we’ll buy ingredients for our Mediterranean lunch,. The area is sprinkled with decorated churches, including a chapel where Matisse thanked local nuns by creating colourful stained glass windows. And we might just have one day out to the coast, to visit the islands located 15 minutes offshore from Cannes, where “The Man with the Iron Mask” was inspired by a 17th century fort and where monks still reside in an abbey, producing wine, honey and lavender. With its undeveloped beaches and breathtaking sea vistas, this truly is the authentic French Riviera.
$4950 per person – private room
$4450 per person – shared room
June 6th – 12th
September 12th – 18th
Can’t make these dates? Let us know using the enquiry form.
Departure/Return LocationNice city/train station or Nice Airport
Departure TimeCollection from Meeting point from 3pm
Return TimeDeparture transfer from 11am
IncludedAccommodationComfortable vehiclesExperienced Tour DirectorGroup TransfersLocal GuidesMost MealsPrivate Tours and OutingsRegional WinesTips & Gratuities
Not IncludedFlightsTravel/Health Insurance
Our Hand Picked Location
What You'll Enjoy
What We’re Cooking up for You
- rubbing shoulders with the locals at colorful farmers markets
- a perfume making workshop in Grasse, the perfume “capital” of the world
- cooking fresh Mediterranean cuisine with a private chef
- a picnic under the olive trees
- visiting local craftspeople and learning their special skills
- strolling in a garden officially rated “remarquable”, guided by the creator, also a landscape painter
- visiting a privately owned perfume garden, learning about the history of this family of perfume makers
- immersing yourself in Provencal traditions at a local festival
- a workshop on cell phone photography (for our Instagram followers)
- recording the beautiful scenery with your sketchbook and the help of a local teacher
- a morning walk in local country lanes to get the circulation flowing and to take in the peace of the region
- shopping a “brocante” or vintage & antiques shop/faire
- an afternoon art tour by minibus, visiting galleries and a chapel featuring such artists as Matisse, Chagall, and Picasso.
- discovering a local olive oil mill and tasting liquid gold
- who can forget sipping a sampling (several!) of the region’s iconic rosé wine?
- a coastal trip to Cannes’ undeveloped offshore islands and to the charming and historic port of Antibes
- September dates are over the "European Heritage Days" weekend, so special private visits may be expected
- lastly, we are also including personal time for you to get lost down little village lanes, to sit in a café and watch the world go by, and to relax with a book in our pretty French villa’s garden.